Lucuma is the fruit of an evergreen tree, which grows naturally in the Andean regions of South America. For many centuries it has been part of local cultures and diets. Today it remains popular in its native region where, thanks to its pleasant, custard-like flavour it is much used as a flavouring agent for ice cream. However, it is also highly regarded as a source of B vitamins, antioxidants and dietary fibre. Sevenhills Wholefoods Lucuma powder is grown in Peru. The fruit are selected and cleaned by hand, then washed and disinfected. They are then peeled manually and cut into pieces, which are air-dried. The dried fruit is then milled to powder. The Lucuma powder is packaged in the UK.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods only sells superfoods of the highest quality. We source directly from producers, so we’re always in touch with where our products are grown and processed. Our direct supply line and online-only availability, mean that our customers benefit from the best possible prices. We like to think of ourself as a virtual farmer’s market for superfoods, a no-frills way of buying great foods at the best prices.
Ingredients: Organic Lucuma powder, certified by the Soil Association (GB-ORG-005) and registered by the Vegan society
- A superfood powder from the fruit of an evergreen tree, grown organically in Peru
- A pleasant, custard-like flavour, can be used as a flavouring agent for ice cream
- Can be used as a replacement for flour
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, Free from allergens, gluten & dairy
- Note: packaging may vary due to launch of new design, but contents remain the same.