As soon as I tried this silk floss, on the very first tooth, I knew that I had found something really special. It slid easily between my teeth and went straight to work clearing out debris. It left no chemical residue in my mouth and no stray fibers. I was surprised at how little was needed. I only wound the thread once around each finger and the thread didn’t slip off my fingers as I flossed.
This silk floss is made from organic hand spun silk, grown in a farm co-op in Caucia, Colombia. Radius silk floss is of the utmost purity and quality and in my opinion it is truly fit for purpose. The plain floss is made from hand spun silk, waxed with candelilla wax.to allow the floss to slide easily between the teeth. Cadelilla wax was formerly used as a binder in chewing gum.
Everyone knows the benefits of regular flossing to help prevent gum disease, to keep the edges of the teeth from accumulating unsightly plaque deposits and to keep the teeth comfortable. When food particles, fibers and plaque are caught between the teeth, no amount of prodding, poking, not even the most agile tongue will remove the foreign body – only a good flossing will bring relief!
I have spent several years trying different threads in my attempt to find an acceptable alternative to conventional floss. With further research I found that conventional floss can be impregnated with mercuric chloride which is often contaminated with thallium, synthetic waxes made from petro-chemicals, and commonly, fluoride. I didn’t think that these chemicals were promoting my tooth and gum health.
I tied just about every thread type available in to try to find an alternative … Eventually, I can across this astonishing Radius organic silk floss and it’s a relief that my search is over and I can finally floss effectively without adding chemicals to my body or strands of nylon into the water system and landfills.
Each packet contain 30 meters of floss.
- Silk is totally biodegradable unlike standard nylon floss. Get 3 at once. One for the bathroom, one for the pocket or bag and one for the car.
- A very well made floss which leaves no fibers between the teeth, it is strong, slides between the teeth easily, and really works
- Doesn’t seem to slip off the fingers like other flosses. Low usage – even when the fingers are wet, just one winding of floss around the fingers is sufficient.
- I like this floss so much that I use it a lot and my teeth stay cleaner, I guess my gum health is better too. I only used to floss with conventional floss when I really had to and not frequently enough – I didn’t get along with the chemicals.
- Full product support given by people who use this floss at Natural Spa Supplies Ltd