The function of the thyroid gland is to take iodine, found in many foods, and convert it into thyriod hormones: thyroxine (T4) and thiodothyronine (T3). Thyriod cells are the only cells in the body which absorb iodine. These cells combine iodine and the amino acid tyrosine to make T3 and T4. T3 and T4 are then released into the bloodstream and are transported throughout the body, where they control metabolic rate, metabolism and many other vital functions such as cardiac output, heart rate and respiratory rate.
Suggested Intake: 1-2 tablets daily as a food supplement, or as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Contraindications: Not to be used during pregnancy. People already on prescribed tyriod medication should consult with their doctor before using this supplement.
- The brassica base also contains zinc, copper, potassium, calcium and magnesium and acts as a food base to aid absorption of nutrients
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans
- Free from yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, starch, lactose, added sugars, colourings, flavourings and preservatives
- Free from genetically modified substances
- Thyroid support contains the active nutrient kelp